Sixty percent of nursing home adverse events – including pressure ulcers, medication errors, falls and infections – are deemed preventable and it’s estimated that one in five nursing home residents suffers preventable harm.
The Telligen QIN-QIO works with nursing homes to help them achieve their goal of providing high-quality, person-centered care. The National Nursing Home Quality Care Collaborative enables Telligen to engage nursing homes in quality improvement work using a Quality Assurance Performance Improvement (QAPI) framework.
Explore topics and resources selected especially for nursing homes with these Telligen toolkits:
- Antibiotic Stewardship in Nursing Homes Toolkit
- Clostridium difficile (CDI) Prevention for Nursing Homes Toolkit
- Improve Your Quality Measures Do-It-Yourself Nursing Homes Toolkit
- Pressure Ulcer/Injury Prevention Toolkit
- Dementia Care Toolkit
- Bowel and Bladder Incontinence Toolkit
- Fall Prevention Toolkit
- Pain Prevention Toolkit
- Organizational Essentials to Improve Star Rating Toolkit
Download our fact sheet to learn more about this healthcare quality improvement work.
New: Telligen’s Improve Your Nursing Home Quality Measures
Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Toolkit
A new Telligen toolkit takes nursing homes through the process of improving and sustaining your long-stay quality measures (QMs) in seven steps. Highlights include:
- The 5-Star Quality Measure Rating Calculation Tool to calculate your Five-Star rating QM point values
- The Quantify Your Quality Improvement (QI) Goals Tool to show you where to best focus your QM efforts
- Telligen Quality Measure Tip Sheets to get you started on improving Minimum Data Set (MDS) coding accuracy for 13 long-stay QMs.
Telligen nursing home experts have pulled together all their best quality improvement resources to share with you. Check out the Improve Your Quality Measures Do-It-Yourself Toolkit here!
Elizabeth Schulte Mullins