Sixty percent of nursing home adverse events – including pressure ulcers, medication errors, falls and infections – are deemed preventable and it’s estimated that one in five nursing home residents suffers preventable harm.
The Telligen QIN-QIO works with nursing homes to help them achieve their goal of providing reliable, compassionate, high-quality care. By aligning our services with the National Nursing Home Quality Care Collaborative, Telligen helps engage nursing homes in quality improvement work using a Quality Assurance Performance Improvement (QAPI) framework.
- Instills quality improvement principles and methods to help you develop a nursing home QAPI plan that meets updated regulations.
- Shares proven methods to help you decrease the use of unnecessary antipsychotic medications and reduce healthcare-acquired infections.
- Spreads education and expertise through a supportive network of industry experts and peers who know your challenges and offer solutions.
Download our fact sheet to learn more about this healthcare quality improvement work.
New: Telligen’s Improve Your Nursing Home Quality Measures
Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Toolkit
A new Telligen toolkit takes nursing homes through the process of improving and sustaining your long-stay quality measures (QMs) in seven steps. Highlights include:
- The 5-Star Quality Measure Rating Calculation Tool to calculate your Five-Star rating QM point values
- The Quantify Your Quality Improvement (QI) Goals Tool to show you where to best focus your QM efforts
- Telligen Quality Measure Tip Sheets to get you started on improving Minimum Data Set (MDS) coding accuracy for 13 long-stay QMs.
Telligen nursing home experts have pulled together all their best quality improvement resources to share with you. Check out the Improve Your Quality Measures Do-It-Yourself Toolkit here!